Monday, May 20, 2013

Weight loss

I finally reached the point where I am serious about getting rid of this extra weight. We babysat my grandson one day last week. We went to the park. Bekah wanted to take some photos of him playing, etc. She took a couple of him & I walking across the bridge and on the merry-go-around. His part of the photos was adorable even though he didn't want to look at the camera. Mine however made be cringe! So I happen to have a doctor's appointment the next day. I asked about the Raspberry Ketones & Green Coffee Bean extracts I have been hearing so much about. Well she wasn't familiar with them so she suggested taking an appetite suppressant she was familiar with and had used with quite a bit of success before with patients. I don't really like taking drugs any more than necessary, but I needed help, so I agreed.  I started taking Adipex-P (generic name Phentermine) 37.5 mg tablet, once a day.  I do have to monitor my blood pressure though as it is already on the high side & I do take medication for it. So far it hasn't raised it much.
5/18/13
First day. As the day went on, started feeling a little jittery & had a headach. But I had a chiropractor appointment the day before and was adjusted so I think that had some to do with the headache since in originated in my neck. I did have a VERY dry mouth, I drank well over 10 bottles of water today. Later in the day I sort of felt like I had had a couple glasses of wine....sort of a little buzz. I noticed I felt better the more activity I did - walking, so that is a good thing, make me get up and move. About 6 that evening the jittery, buzz feeling just went away. I did have a little trouble sleeping the first night, but also contribute that to being at the lake, too. I never sleep as well up there. 211
5/19/13
Second day. I didn't have the jittery, buzzy feeling at all today. Although I did notice if I moved quickly or bent over and stood back up quick, I did get a little dizzy. Took a walk before breakfast & worked in the yard, swept off the patio and re-arranged the chairs, so I got quite a bit done. Seemed to have more energy, although I did take a short nap in the afternoon. We usually take little naps at the lake......  : ) it is our away time, so I also do not have a scale there. Still had dry mouth, but not as bad as the day before, but did still drink quite a bit of water. Blood pressure wasn't too bad, I only took it three times.
5/20/13
Third day. I actually slept pretty well last night, pretty nuch like normal. No jittery feeling this morning, although I do have a slight headache, but could still be neck issues & it is a cloudy, overcast & gloomy day which sometimes gives me a headache. I do notice more energy. Only slight dry mouth today, but I figure that isn't necessarily a bad thing, I do need to drink more water. 208
I will try to keep this updated daily.....







No comments:

Post a Comment