Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Avant-Garde Art and Craft Show

A friend of mine recommended an arts and craft show to me recently. It was too close to the show date for me to have a table, at least in my opinion, as I am already trying to get ready for a show in December. I wasn't sure what to expect as I have only been to "local" shows. So I thought I would check it out both for my friend who was unable to attend and for myself to see if I wanted to participate in the next show in February.
They did a great job in advertising with their webpage Avant-Garde Art and Craft Shows. There was a charge at the door, but a portion of the proceeds went to a charity. I like the fact the artisans/crafters are featured on the webpage. The location was easy to find and there were plenty of signs in the area. I was amazed at how many vendors they were able to fit inside! It was a bit crowded, but there were many interesting and unique items! There were numorous jewelry vendors, but they were different and unique. Everyone was very friendly, but not in the "pushy, buy something" kind of way. The vendors I spoke with were new to the show, but seemed very happy with the set up and turn out. I was there in the during the middle part of the show. There was a steady stream of people going in and out. I can't say I noticed alot of people carrying out packages, however there was one crafter making more items in the parking lot. I think she advertised custom, while you wait, items. Overall it seemed like a very successful show. As a "customer" and potential vendor, it would be more appealing if it were a little less crowded. Especially since my craft is glass, I would be afraid of someone (or myself!) bumping into something and breaking it. But I understand space is a premium commodity.
Avant-Garde Art and Craft Shows hosts shows all over the state of Ohio. A portion of the proceeds from each show benefits a local charity. They have a complete list on the website. I think they are onto something!

No comments:

Post a Comment