Tuesday, September 10, 2013

RSVP

I wrote about this - my favorite topic (not really), over a year ago while planning a surprise birthday party for my husband. Almost half did not respond at all, something like 55 out of 113. I don't remember an exact number, but there were some that showed up eve though they did not RSVP. We did not however, run out of food.
 In this technology rich age you would think since it is so quick and easy to respond via text, email, facebook, etc. it would be a "no brainer". Well apparently not.
79 invited
29 yes
11 maybe
19 no
20 no answers
I guess that is better than the birthday party. Only a quarter didn't answer. But I am not even going to figure the number that RSVP'd by the deadline.......which was two weeks after the invitations went out. I really should learn to let this go and not let it bother me, but I have always had a thing about being ignored.
We are planning on having a Halloween party this year...................I am seriously thinking about making either my husband or daughter handle the invitations! But even if I give that over to my husband, it will end up being our daughter that handles it! : )
Here is a link to an interesting article on RSVP I found - http://entertaining.about.com/cs/etiquette/qt/tip122500.htm

Please feel free to leave your opinion in the comments section

No comments:

Post a Comment