Monday, August 26, 2013


Sorry for the interruption of the blog. For reasons that really don't need to be explained on here I disabled all of my blogs for a few days. But now I am back! : )
Here is what I have been working on -

Remember the wall behind the pellet stove? The one I wanted to "brick"? Well I finally got started on it last week. Here are a few photos:

"bricks" cut and ready to paint

Color I choose for the "bricks"

I rough figured I would need 480 "bricks". Probably less because that wasn't taking out the space for the mantle & the collar of the stove pipe.
I was going to use a level & ruler to measure & mark the lines for the bricks, but decided I didn't want it to look "perfect" so I just started above the collar and free handed or winged it! : )
I did actually end up with a few crooked spots, but I figured what the heck! I did remove and correct a few bricks, but decided to leave the flaws.
More pics later as I move along. I decided to cover the outlet covers with pieces of "brick", too so they didn't stand out quite so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment