Saturday, August 7, 2010

Peaches!

I thought I would try the "World's Greatest Crumble" recipe using peaches.....
I made this using Raspberries back in June when we had the 16 pounds of raspberries - it was Amazing!. Thank you to Susie for sharing the recipe!
I thought I posted it before but when I checked I did not find it. So anyway here it is using peaches.

Here’s the recipe for the World’s Greatest Crumble:


• 1 3/4 cup of flour

• 1 1/2 cups of sugar

• 1 teaspoon sea salts

• 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes.

• 1 cup rolled oats

1. Preheat at 375 degrees F.

2. Mix flour, sugar and slat with a fork.

3. Using a fork, or pastry cutter, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.


4. Add oats, stirring them into the mixture.













Filling
• 4 pints of berries  peaches

• 3/4 cup sugar

• 1/4 cup of flour

• In separate bowl, combine fruit sugar and flour.


• Spread filling into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.


• Sprinkle flour/butter/oat mixture over fruit.


• Bake until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown — about one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment