Thursday, December 6, 2012

The wall.....continues

 
 
After we finished painting both houses in 2009, I made the comment "If I saying anything
about changing colors or repainting, smack me!" And one along the lines of "I never want to
hold another paint brush or roller".  Well, it only took 3 1/2 years.
Painting this small area was a "piece of cake" compared to all of the painting in both houses.
If I remember correctly, we went through well over 150 gallons of primer & paint between the two!
That painting was easy because both houses were empty at the time and no floor coverings to worry
about! So this time I taped the plastic drop cloth to the floor! I did have one little "accident".
I dripped two spots on the vent pipe of the stove. I wiped it off as soon as it happened, but still there is residue in both places. Oh well, guess I will have to get some heat proof paint and touch it up.
 
 
close up of "mortar" color. need to work on edge shape
 

 
 

a little easier to see color difference without extra light
 
Now it is time for the "brick"! I am still debating......do I paint the "brick" before putting them on the wall or paint them after?? Since they are wallpaper, I am afraid if I paint them before and then dip in water to activate the paste on the back that will affect the paint on the front. I guess I could just moisten the back with a sponge and not get the front wet.
Or I could just roll paint on all of them when they are up on the wall, then go back and refresh the grout color between them.
Suggestions are welcome!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment