Friday, September 24, 2010

Waters of the World

On the many shores



Our Pond

 From standing on the shore of our small pond, to the many other shores on which I have stood, there is just something about standing at the edge of the water in the wind. Be it a small fluttery breeze to a full whipping, almost knock you down wind. I have stood on the edge of water in 4 states and 6 countries. From small ponds & creeks, to lakes, channels, rivers, canals, seas & oceans, the feeling is still the same. Sandy beaches to rocky shores. What is the facination with wind & water?
A lake in Crans-Montana, Switzerland
On the shore of Lake Geneva, Switzerland
Catawba Island State Park, Lake Erie, Ohio
On the shore of the Thames River London, England

Aegean Sea, Greece

Laurel Falls Smoky Mountains, Tennessee
A canal in Venice, Italy


River Seine, Paris, France


Laguna Veneta, Venice, Italy
 

She comes by it naturally, this is my favorite spot when we are on a boat. That day though, it was over 100 degrees outside, so I was inside in the air conditioning! I did start outside on the top deck for a few hours though. This was late in the day on our way back to Athens, so we had been out in the sun & heat most of the day.
On the Jet Express to Put-In-Bay you will find me on the very top, front & center for the entire ride over & back if I can manage it!


No comments:

Post a Comment