Thursday, October 1, 2009

Homemade laundry soap

I am trying to get as many chemicals out of our house as I can so.....
I decided to make my own laundry soap - to save money and so I knew exactly what was in it! It was really pretty easy to make and there are alot of recipes online. The one I used was -
2 bars of Ivory soap grated - I could not find Fels Naptha which was recommended also.
4 cups of borax (20 mule team)
4 cups of washing soda (not baking soda. found in the laundry isle of local Krogers)
4 cups of baking soda
Mix together & put in sealed container.
You only need to use 1/8 cup per load.
So far it is working great! It really low sudsing so don't expect to see bubbles, but it really does leave clothes clean & fresh smelling! Low sudsing is better for septic systems, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment